Operations Finance Manager
Applications are invited for the permanent position of Operations Finance manager, reporting to the Little Island Finance Manager. The role provides exposure to a complex manufacturing environment, and global customer base, detailed reporting and analysis, planning and forecasting, engagement with senior management locally and within PepsiCo and an excellent opportunity to drive an agenda of delivering best in class processes and practices to enhance business support. This position will have overall responsibility for planning and reporting of Ireland Sales & Distribution Costs (S&D), Manufacturing Overheads (MOH) and Capital for the Carrigaline and Little Island plants and associated support functions.
The key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
Planning & Reporting
· Manage the preparation and review of Annual Operating Plan and Quarterly forecasts for Sales & Distribution Costs, MOH and Capital for the Carrigaline and Little Island plants and associated support functions.
- Determine divisional allocation of MOH on an annual basis based on volume & complexity of products.
- Responsible for ensuring that Divisional Reporting on a monthly/ periodic basis (4 divisions) is timely and accurate.
- Prepare and deliver the MOH and S&D Cost Period Business Reviews (PBR) to the Ireland & PWF management teams.
- Support the delivery of AOP Financial and KPI targets.
- Lead the business in achieving world-class performance in cost management while delivering on operating objectives.
- Provide an understanding of the impact of complexity, volume movements and order sizes on the cost base and monitor the key MOH cost drivers.
- Work with the business to establish how we can move from a largely fixed cost MOH base to a variable cost base.
- Partner closely with the Plant Managers and Engineering Manager to ensure that capital spend for both plants is consistent with Strategic Plan and spend targets and is in line with company policy.
- Lead continuous improvements in the underlying systems and operations processes to drive efficiencies and quality in the reporting cycle.
- Liaise with PWF HQ Financial Planning.
- Ensure MOH risks and opportunities in Ireland are tracked on a monthly basis.
- Provide assistance on all strategic plan matters.
- Support the transition to SAP and new the Planning tool ensuring that it delivers on benefits of increased productivity and improved information enabling better decision making.
- Drive a strong control agenda and ensure full compliance on all SOX and Pepsico Control standards.
· Attend Carrigaline Plant Management meetings.
· Key on site Finance contact for CG Plant.
- Ownership of the Carrigaline Plant PBR.
- Work closely with the Carrigaline Operations & Support functions to ensure that all productivity initiatives are validated and tracked on an on-going basis to optimise the return.
- Maximise the benefits of SAP including the introduction of Activity Based Costing.
- Set and measure key performance indicators.
- Support the business in introducing Value Stream mapping, Lean and Six Sigma initiatives.
- Evaluate capital/ productivity options to deliver optimal results.
- Lead & support plant, region and divisional projects and initiatives as they arise.
· Professionally qualified accountant with 4-7 Years PQE (MBA an advantage) in a high volume multinational manufacturing/ operationsenvironment.
· Track record of academic success and career progression.
· Experience in presenting and communicating results, messages and strategic initiatives to senior management for approval / review.
· A proven track record of all aspects of people management is critical.
· Experience as an active member of a leadership / management team a distinct advantage.
· Committed to quality with the drive and determination to fulfill objectives within tight deadlines.
· Ability to identify issues on a timely basis, identify an action plan to resolve issues and influence others to implement the action plan.
· Initiative and a high degree of self motivation.
· Ability to manage conflicting/changing priorities and deliver on key priorities.
· An appetite for continuous improvement and adding value to the business.
· A history of professional accomplishment – managing change, delivering results, people management.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate to and influence co-workers (both financial and non financial) across various departments and all levels of the organization.
· Excellent Excel skills a necessity.
· Systems literate with Oracle Financials, SAP (or equivalent ERP system)and Business Objects experience an advantage.
· A requirement of the role is that you must adhere to all PepsiCo Health & Safety requirements
If you wish to apply, please discuss with your manager and submit your written application i.e. CV and covering letter to Ruth O’Leary, Staffing Manager on or before September 22, 2010. If you would like more details regarding this position please contact Ruth.
External Candidates will also be considered for this position
PepsiCo Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
« back to Careers page